The ‘wranglers’ will be responsible for assisting teachers with organizing students on the 3 km
and 5 km start and ‘wrangling’ them along the course.
- Escort groups of children to the starting line for their races
- Organize the runners at the start into three groups – runners, joggers & walkers
- Start the race with air horn
- Monitor racers along the course & provide assistance if needed (younger children or in
case of any emergency situations)
- Carry supply of water bottles in a back pack in case of emergency
- Carry list of contact numbers in case of emergency
- Assist in helping teachers & volunteers to get children back on buses
- Assist in ‘sweep’ of trail at the end of all races to ensure no one is left behind
- Assist in clean up ‘sweep’ of trail for any garbage or debris left behind
9:45 am – Start when busses arrive
Start of race at 3 km and 5 km mark of WLT
- A pair of good walking/running/hiking shoes is a requirement.
- A cell phone is a requirement.
- One volunteer on a bike to sweep the trail prior to loading kids back on the buses.
- An air-horn to start the race.
- Rain jacket in case of inclement weather.
- Bring a water bottle.