The ‘wranglers’ will be responsible for assisting teachers with organizing students on the 1 km
start and ‘wrangling’ them along the course. Since the young runners in the 1 km distance are
walking ‘out’ to start their race; wranglers will need to assist with lots of direction.
- Escort the 1 km runners to the start line for their race
- Organize the runners at the start into three groups – runners, joggers & walkers
- Start the race with air horn
- Monitor racers along the course & provide assistance if needed (younger children or in
case of any emergency situations)
- Carry supply of water bottles in a back pack in case of emergency
- Carry list of contact numbers in case of emergency
- Assist in helping teachers & volunteers to get children back on buses
- Assist in ‘sweep’ of trail at the end of all races to ensure no one is left behind
- Assist in clean up ‘sweep’ of trail for any garbage or debris left behind
9:45 am – Start when busses arrive
400 meters South of Invermere cattle guard
- A pair of good walking/running/hiking shoes is a requirement.
- A cell phone is a requirement.
- One volunteer on a bike to sweep the trail prior to loading kids back on the buses.
- An air-horn to start the race.
- Rain jacket in case of inclement weather.
- Bring a water bottle.